· Information Literacy Quiz
Take the following quiz to see if you are:
Somewhat Savvy (0-5 points)
Moderately Savvy (6-10 points)
Downright Nerdy (10+ points)
1. List 4 major search engines and a major directory.
2. What is a blog?
3. Why might you use quotation marks when conducting a search?
4. URL is an acronym for…
5. Identify three Boolean search terms.
6. How do you find the owner or publisher of a Web site?
7. Identify these extensions and what they represent:
8. How do you find out who is linked to your school’s Web site?
9. What clues in a Web address might indicate you are on a personal Web site?
10. How would you conduct a search for the following: a list of Web sites of all the academic institutions in South Africa? (Hint: South Africa’s country code is .za)
11. How do you find the history of any given Web site?
12. How would you conduct a search for the following: US higher education Web sites that contain the word turtle?
13. How do sites get to the top of a result list in Google?